Griddled chicken with quinoa salad
A light dish of grilled chicken fillets and authentic salad with Kalamata olives, feta cheese, tomato and mint
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time10 min
- Total Time20 min
- YieldServes 4
For griddled chicken with quinoa
- 225gr quinoa
- 25gr butter
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 400gr chicken mini fillets
- 1½ tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 300gr vine tomato, roughly chopped
- Handful pitted black Kalamata olive
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 100gr feta cheese, crumbled
- Small bunch mint leaves, chopped
- Juice and zest ½ lemon
Cook the quinoa following the pack instructions, then rinse in cold water and drain thoroughly.
Meanwhile, mix the butter, chilli and garlic into a paste. Toss the chicken fillets in 2 tsp of the olive oil with some seasoning. Lay in a hot griddle pan and cook for 3-4 mins each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate, dot with the spicy butter and set aside to melt.
Next, tip the tomatoes, olives, onion, feta and mint into a bowl. Toss in the cooked quinoa. Stir through the remaining olive oil, lemon juice and zest, and season well. Serve with the chicken fillets on top, drizzled with any buttery chicken juices.